Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not enough server storage is available to process this command

Web service in windows was not running and error it was returning when restarting from Plesk control panel was that, "One or more dependencies failed to start".

I am no windows expert, but I knew about the existence of HTTP SSL as a dependency for Web service. So tried restarting HTTP SSL which returned with the error,

Not enough server storage is available to process this command
which meant, either the harddrive is full or the memory usage is high. Hardrive was 90% free :-P which meant to me, it's memory. So aligned the usage as per the memory usage and killed the killer DLL exe, "svchost.exe" and that brought the web services back to normal.

I didnt investigate further, but I hope the server is not compromised :-(

No comments: