Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Plesk Windows 2003 - 530 FTP user cannot login

Plesk Windows 2003 - 530 User username cannot log in. A plesk user after a server move was not able to log in.

My first attempt was to change the password which resulted in the error as below

Error: Unable to activate/deactivate domain: User or role 'username2' does not exist in this database.


As you can see that didn't fix the issue. Now I went on to change the username which resulted in the below error

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to rename FTP user: ftpmng --rename-user failed: User "username1" doesn't exist


So that put me in the track. Before entering to the plesk database and manually updating it on, I gave it a try to use the following command (which worked!) and saved me from further hassles.

"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

No comments: